May 6, 2023

 


Good day for riding! I had plans for a few spots and even started early to make sure I had enough time. I ended up skipping two, but saving them for another mission.


I got to the park at about 9:30 am. There were two sets of parents with their kids, but they were in the concrete area, so they were out of my way on the ramp. I only spent about 15 minutes on the ramp. It still gives me butterflies, but less than last time, and I pushed through them today a little. The longer transition with smaller coping is a strange sensation, but I'm drawn to it. I almost made it 2ft over coping, but not quite. There will be a next time.


The park also has a couple of nice banked hip set-ups, so I tried them out. I only hit them three times, but the angles are so keen.


I bailed from the park with the idea of hitting a wall ride I've been watching for a while, but I'll save it for later. I checked out an area west of the main Harper ditch. It was gritty and a little rough, but it has a feature I'm going to return to later.


Up in Harper, I hit a small manual spot, and even further up, I hit a small channel gap that I did about two years ago. It seemed scary today, but I hit it twice. I went to check out another street spot, but it requires some commitment I'm not ready to make yet - but I'll return.


After all that, I headed home for a short session before work. Riding the ramp at the park really put mine into perspective. I really should have made mine an 8ft transition. It's jarringly quicker and takes about 10-15 minutes of adjustment to get used to it again. But I think they complement each other through my riding. Maybe I need to expose myself to more varied transitions, like the bowls at Altos...



Comments

Popular Posts