First week of April, 2023.

 *draft*

So the ramp update, as seen in last post, is largely finished.  There's some final touches that will take place sporadically the next few weeks, not sure I'll post about them as they happen or what.  

In other news, I did indeed decide to keep the S1 helmet.  Also obtained some threaded "inserts" and drilled them in to the shell so I could attach a visor.  I think it's more aesthetics than function, but the visor does help in the afternoon lighting.  Tricky finding some decent screws to hold the visor.  Amazon to the rescue, I think (ordered some at time of writing, should arrive Saturday).


While I knew they wouldn't be a permanent fixture, certainly didn't expect them to get 'dozed so fast.  RIP, cool dirt jumps.

Last blast session before the ramp work began.  Thought I'd get it done in a weekend.  Only off by about 10 days or so.

Managed to actually go and ride a *different* ditch.  Nice to be out in the open a bit.

Friday, the 31st:

Sunny and bright today.  And windy AF.  Struggling on the ramp.  Have yet to roll in, even from a disaster stall.  Ramp feels smooth, but every few passes my timing is off and I'm pulling a little late or leaning into the transition too much on the way up.

Today's success was to remember to spot the coping on the way up, and waiting longer before leaving the ramp - which is aided by going faster.  Which instills fear.  But hung with a bit for a few passes today, and felt the bike float just a bit at apex.  


Also swapped some parts around from 3 bikes, wanted the blue ATF to feel a little more like Haro riding ramp, so put the silver Generation wheels on it, swapped the black wheels to the chrome ATF, and then swapped the brakes between the chrome ATF and the Caveman (same brakes, but now each match the frame color). The chrome ATF has a certain old school flair to it now, difficult to explain.

After all that, the blue ATF did roll faster, but I was more comfortable on the chrome one.  Go figure. Bars for the Dirt Bros bike allegedly arrive Monday, can't wait.


So, the bars arrived.  Had to chase down the ups guy since it was signature required.  He was cool and let me take it.  The bars, look *close* to Bully bars, but just slightly off.  And the sweep is nuts.  So, the search will continue to either obtain actual bully bars, or maybe some Meth bars by Snakebite.

Disassembled the chrome ATF, changed all the parts to the white Haro frame.  Trying to configure a bike I like for ramp, or in general actually.  The white Haro looks cool, for now.  The green Haro is still the best ramp bike, but the white one should match it close.

Getting very close to the end of my rope with Facebook.  Not sure what I'm looking for there, but whatever I'm getting from it - isn't it, either.  At least, in an interactive sense.  I still see or hear of cool things, but I'm very close to shutting down as far as sharing goes.  Snarky feedback from people who aren't really doing shit is trying.  Not that I'm a creative whirlwind or anything... I dunno.  Maybe I just need to develop a thicker skin.  Then again, maybe FB just isn't the place to share.  

Well, going to post this.  Not much riding progress on the ramp, but it's been ridiculously windy.




Comments

Popular Posts